Listed buildings There are approximately half a million-listed homes in the UK, all of which are subject to strict regulations on planning, alterations and maintenance.
For listed building applications, the Regulations 2 state:-
1. Any application to a local planning authority for listed building consent shall be accompanied by “a design and access statement” about:-
a. the design principles and concepts that have been applied to the works; and
b. subject to (4) below, how issues relating to access to the building have been dealt with.
2. A design and access statement shall:-
a. explain the design principles and concepts that have been applied to the following aspects of the works:-
iii. appearance; and
b. explain how the principles and concepts referred to in sub-paragraph (a) take account of:-
1. the special architectural or historic importance of the building;
2. the particular physical features of the building that justify its designation as a listed building; and
3. the building’s setting.
3. Subject to (4) below, a design and access statement shall also:-
a. explain the policy adopted as to access, including what alternative means of access have been considered, and how policies relating to access in relevant local development documents have been taken into account;
b. explain how the policy as to access takes account of:-
i. the special architectural or historic importance of the building;
ii. the particular physical features of the building that justify its designation as a listed building; and
iii. the building’s setting;
c. state what, if any, consultation has been undertaken by the applicant and what account has been taken of the outcome of any such consultation;
d. explain how any specific issues which might affect access to the building have been addressed; and
e. explain how features which ensure access to the building will be maintained.
4. Paragraphs (1)(b) and (3) above do not apply in relation to an application for listed building consent to carry out works affecting only the interior of a building.
Useful links www.lpoc.co.uk Landsdowne has successfully built many conservatories on listed properties.
TestimonialsSee what our customers say
"I know we'll enjoy it in all seasons, it's made such a difference "
Customer in Oxford
"thank you to all your crew for all the hard work "
Customer in Berkshire
"We are just sat here enjoying our beautiful new kitchen enjoying a glass of wine "
Customer in Reading